Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Dream that was not meant to be....

It was 4:37am on a Tuesday morning when suddenly, I woke up and interrupted my dream.  I got up and reached for the glass of water sitting by the nightstand.  After a couple swig, I tried to remember what I was dreaming about.  To my dismay, I can only recall bits and pieces of it.  I went back to sleep hoping that it'll pick up where I left off.  Forty-five minutes of tossing and turning...nada! I was perturbed in regards to my lack of success.  I really wanted to finish this dream because for once I really liked it hahaha.  Then it came to me, a friend once told me to start writing your dreams so you can easily recall them.  Hey, it is worth a shot.  I started writing what I can remember from it hoping that I will get a better picture of the entire dream.  

After reading my notes for a few minutes, I decided to try again.  I figured I will insert what was written on my notes and it'll be a piece of cake, right? NOPE!  I got off to a good start...then for whatever reason...the idea of I have to pee came about in the middle of my dream.  Myself...the main character, in my own dream actually told me, "Hey, you need to pee."  Are you kidding me!!? Right now!!? Come on now...Then I started to argue with myself...in my own freaking dream.  He won't let me continue unless I go to the washroom.  WOW!!! Was I ever devastated by this. Ok...ok...so I got up did my business...got back in my room. Thinking I have to start over again oh well, so...for the second time, I sipped some water, looked over my notes for a few minutes...etc..etc...I did the exact same routine.  I made sure that I actually don't need to get up this time for whatever reason.  All set, I gently tucked myself in under my blanket, turned off the lights and close my eyes.

So it began...this time the scene started with me and the rest of my crew sailing the Pacific ocean. Clear calm water, a nice cool breeze of air and you can see the sun rising on the horizon and how it turned the water into reddish-yellowish color.  It was beautiful!  The crew was just waking up and someone prepared a nice breakfast for the rest of us.  After the breakfast, we set course to the Southern hemisphere.  As I was looking into my spyglass to see what was ahead, I heard dogs barking...I was confused for a brief moment and asked my ship's first mate, "Who in the heck brought dogs aboard?" A moment of silence, then I repeated myself, this time in a more antagonizing tone.  The first mate then asked the crewmen the same question.  The crewmen replied, "There are no dogs on the ship, Captain."  I was furious by the situation...I ordered everyone to search the ship.  We didn't find any dogs but I continuously hear them barking.  Then for whatever reason...the sleeping me...intervened and said, "Your neighbor's dogs are barking." "We don't have neighbors, we're in the middle of the Pacific ocean!" The Captain replied.  Then we started arguing....AGAIN!!! He told me to open my eyes and see for myself, which I did.  Before I even got up my alarm clock went off. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Needless to say that I didn't finish my dream, which is why, I'm blogging about it in displeasure.  Nevertheless, don't worry; I shall attempt tonight to finish my dream (hopefully).

To be continued.....













No comments: